Wednesday 7 March 2012

Holly 1st birthday cake




When I look back at these pictures all I see are imperfections and I criticise the cake but as you can see from my face at the end, I was sooo proud of myself that I cried!
Holly's first birthday was so important to me and I wanted to do something really special so I made her first cake.  I bought ready rolled out sheets of icing, pre-made flowers, an icing pen and a number 1 candle.  I had no idea about how to start or finish but I had been to evening classes when I was 12 to learn cake decorating but I never took much notice.  As you can see from the edging I rolled a sausage shape and laid it around the edges to hope it would finish it of!!

However, nothing will take away the feeling of making that first cake but because of mt strict rules for Holly I never allowed her to eat any as I thought she didn't need to eat cake at that age!!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent cake Angela, hope you and Holly are doing well in lockdown.

    ReplyDelete