Wednesday 7 March 2012

I Can Pipe!!!

06.03.2012

After years of cake decorating purely for love and fun I have bit the bullet and picked up a piping bag again - I was amazed to discover I remembered how to pipe from when I was a kid and my Mam took me to Icing Class at the local school when I was 12!!!  Albeit today was only butter cream swirls on cupcakes it was a start and I was extremely pleased and very proud of my results.

It was a rush job and I cheated and bought the cupcakes from Tesco to practice on however the end result was great!  I thought the pink was very pretty and I was very pleased with that, it was only left over Betty Crocker pre-made stuff which I had in the fridge but the chocolate was Betty Crocker fudge icing and the blue homemade and dyed from Sugarflair Ice Blue colour - not very impressed with the shade of "ice blue" its more like turquoise and I think I might have over done it a bit!

What I learnt??? Butter cream pipes very well.  I used the large star nozzle and a disposable bag.  Fudge icing was OK, definatley needs to be room temperature and doesn't pipe as well but was still pleased with the result.  Sprinkles, chocolate chips and candy hearts helped to finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment